Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Hello All!

So, I'm starting a new blog to exclusively document my experiences at the Culinary Academy of Austin. I hope to be able to share a lot of fun stories, recipes, photos, and everything I am learning along the way. Friday is orientation and I will be receiving my uniforms, books, and (what I'm most excited about) my pastry "tool box!" It's going to be like Christmas! I'll show you everything that's in it soon.

This blog will be a bit different than The Food Knows. If all goes well, my hope is that this little blog will one day morph itself into the official website for The Muffin Top Bakery and Cafe (fingers crossed). I've always been pretty strong-willed, and semi-successful in whatever I put my mind to, but this is a little different from everything I've ever done. My fear and pride have always been my biggest downfall, and quite honestly they have already begun to taunt me. What if I'm not good at this? What if I am making a huge mistake? Should I have just gone to grad school like most people? What if this is just a hobby and not a career? See what I mean? I can't let these kind of thoughts conquer me before I've even begun. All I can do is offer my best and give everything I have. I also have the added bonus of having the most amazing family! They truly are the best; they encourage and support me in everything I do. I know that they will be right by my side throughout this exciting time! Love you all!

No comments: