Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Whew..... I can't believe it is already the 14th! Time has just flown by since I've started back to school. We have been covering wedding cakes, petit fours, and sculptured cakes these past few weeks, and it has been so much fun! It is definitely an intimidating field, but I can't help but be excited to try my hand at some of it.

Today we had another cake show to attend, but this time we were all required to enter a 3D cake design. I'll admit that I didn't love working with 3D cakes, but my pride is mostly to blame for that. I always want to be really great immediately. It doesn't matter that I have never done something before; I want to know how to do it and do it well right away. Guess I'll have to submit myself to good ole "practice makes perfect." I guess the mentality of "perfect practice make perfect" got stuck in my head sometime ago in high school when my swimming coach would pound it into our heads every morning at 5am. *Sigh.... good times.

Here are a few pics of my cakes progression. I decided to go with something fun and simple; trying my hardest to not take myself too seriously. I mean, how serious can you really be with Mr. Potato Head?? :)












I'll try to upload more pics from the show this weekend when I'll have more time. Until then... Happy Baking!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Potato head is awesome!

Unknown said...

Hey, you got an award. Check my blog.

Anonymous said...

What a terrible character flaw to have! You should really work on that... haha