Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Well all.... I can't believe I am actually about to say this, but tomorrow is my last official day of production in culinary school. No, the entirety of the program is not yet complete, but our time in the kitchen is. Business, resumè, and career development will fill up my last 2 weeks. I just can't believe its almost over. Just six months ago I was complaining about how I was aching to start; I've just turned around and now its gone by. Geez!

Tomorrow is my final practical exam over plated desserts. I am making Vanilla Bean Panna Cotta with a Strawberry-Mango Salsa, Hazelnut Wafer, and Raspberry-Blueberry Ice Cream. I have no doubt that I can make all of this, and do it well, but so many of the elements take time to set up, so I am a bit worried about time. All I can do is be organized and prepared. I'll let you know how it all goes.

This past week we have been playing around with plate designs. I am not an artist in the least bit, but it was fun to play around with designs and "clean" the plates when I messed up ;) I forgot my camera, so these are taken with my phone, so I apologize for the poor quality.... Yeah, that's right. I don't have a fancy iphone or blackberry like you do. Stop judging me, greedy. I like my phone basic and simple: calls and texts. What do I need all of that other stuff for anyhow? I've got a laptop.

The kiwi sauce was a bit runny, and the plate had been sitting awhile, so just ignore the overrun

Fruit tarts for our painted plates... yum!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Can you please post some recipes? Or is that not allowed? I am intrigued by the idea of kiwi sauce.

Sophie said...

The fruit tarts are so cute and colorful. Sheesh, it did fly by! You've done so well! Keep posting, I want to see more fun desserts :).