Thursday, March 19, 2009

I am so excited that spring is finally here! I am also proud to announce that my blueberry bushes survived the winter! My parents gave me the two bushes for my birthday last summer, and I was a bit worried they wouldn't survive. I neglected them quite a bit during the winter, and didn't water them the entire 2 1/2 weeks I was gone for Christmas. But.... they live! Well, at least one of them really did. I'm not counting the other as dead because some of the stems are still green and there is one lonely leaf. I'm pretty sure another leaf had popped up, but it was mysteriously missing after I let Thumper Rabbit out...hmmm.


Blueberries on my tiny balcony :)

Look at those little berry buds

Ahh... its not dead....yet


See, there is a tiny leaf...


Work has kept me pretty busy, so I still haven't done any personal baking. Sorry.


This week SXSW is going on here in Austin, and sadly I've only managed to go to one show so far. I hate that all of the free shows I really want to go to are during the day while I am at work. But, last night I made it downtown in time to see Laura Marling!! I took a picture of Lori with her and we were pretty excited. If you haven't heard of her you should really check out her stuff on youtube or her myspace.

Good picture.


Great picture!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha. i want you to take a picture with her on saturday and you make your "special face"
oh, and your blueberry bushes will make it! we should pray over them... :)

Sophie said...

Lucky duck -- I wish I had my own little blueberry bush and a chance to go to SXSW ;). I haven't heard of her...I am always on the look-out for new music, so I will definitely check her out :). So...I'm finally gonna try to make those macarons soon...we'll see how they turn out :).