Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Sit Down, Shut Up, and Open Your Bibles!

Yeah, yeah, yeah... I know I missed yesterday's post again BUT I have a good reason..... I am completely overwhelmed!! "With lots and lots of baking?" you might ask. I wish, but no. Actually I have just started a new job as a teacher. Yup, you got it, a teacher. Who'd a thought, right? Not me!

Sometimes I wonder if God just sits up there scheming various ways to torture me, but alas I know that He is good, and I am already seeing the fruits of this twisted blessing. Although I have absolutely no idea what I am doing or what I have gotten myself into I actually like being around some of the kids. I have been assigned to a variety of ages and classes including: 6th grade Bible, 8th grade Intro to Worldviews, and 9th-12th Portfolio (which is basically a college prep class). From this list I'm sure that you can guess that this is a private school, which is very different for me, but I think it is going to be good.... or at least I hope.

Don't worry though, I am still baking as much as possible. My time has definitely been squeezed, but I love the feeling of being back into a routine and in the workplace. (Lying around for 4 months isn't as wonderful of a break as you may think it should be)

I am still not sure if I will get used to the kids calling me Miss. Do you think the school would let them call me Chef?? I think I like the sound of that much more. :)


Photo above by CleverCupcakes

No comments: