Friday, November 6, 2009

This One Is For You....

I bet you thought I wasn't coming back. Well, I wasn't so sure I was either...things have just been insane lately. It's not that I haven't been baking-- I have-- a lot. Sadly, I haven't taken too many pictures. I know, I know...slacker. I am working on a cake right now for a baby's 1st birthday, and I promise to post a few pics.

Last year when I was working at Key Ingredient I would find billions of recipes that I wanted to make every day. I am a huge pumpkin fan, so anything with pumpkin I would bookmark to refer back to later. Out of the zillion (that's right, zillion) that I tabbed I think I made 2: vegan pumpkin muffins (yum!) and pumpkin brownies. Now, I know that being a pastry chef I should love all desserts equally (kind of like being a teacher and knowing that you should love all of your students equally), but the truth is...... I don't. There are just some desserts that I would die for and others I would just take a shot for. Brownies are one those desserts that I just have a hard time loving. I can take 'em or leave 'em, but this particular recipe caught my eye...pumpkin is it's saving grace. Now, the recipe calls for pumpkin spice Hershey kisses and I had never seen those before. So, the first few times I made these I just used pumpkin pie spice and substituted caramel kisses. It was fabulous! About a month or so ago my mom and I were in Target and there they lay at the checkout...pumpkin spice Hershey kisses. I got so excited I'm pretty sure people starred (probably because they were jealous that I found them first). These little kisses are so good I almost had a hard time saving them for the brownies. This recipe is amazing, and is such a nice twist on the plain ole brownie. You can make your brownies from scratch or just use a mix and add the additional flavorings and kisses.

I posted this recipe last year on The Food Knows using the KI widget, so why not do the same this year. Enjoy!! (This one is for you, Robyn.... I expect to enjoy some of these from you soon!)

Pumpkin Spice Kiss Chocolate Brownies

This is a twist on my favorite brownie recipe. I ...

See Pumpkin Spice Kiss Chocolate Brownies on Key Ingredient.

1 comment:

The Farmers Nest said...

Well now I am on the hunt for Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kisses. As soon as I find them I will be visiting my favorite garage.