Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Workin' it out

I joined a fitness class last week (that meets at 5:30AM!!) in an attempt to strengthen these weak and worthless limbs of mine. After the second day of class (at 5:30AM!!) I made it a rule to only use restrooms that are equipped with handicap rails to prevent falling in while trying to lower myself down. I keep asking people if I look funny when I walk because I feel like I'm hobbling around, too sore to actually bend and straighten my legs to walk. Today was only my 5th day (of waking up at 5:30AM), but I am already feeling stronger. That is not to say that I'm not still sore, but it's a really good feeling to know that you are doing something good for yourself. Did I mention that the class starts at 5:30AM?? Yup. I should be used to waking up early; I had been getting up at that time for the past 8 years for practices or the early shift at work in college, but I guess I've gotten into a routine of sleeping late since I don't have to be at work until 11AM now. Anyhow, all of this running, and lifting, and lunging, and squatting has made me TIRED! Sometimes I find myself just starring at some of the kids in my class....I like to think that my blank gaze reflects the way they look at me while I'm teaching. Usually they respond with an odd or slightly concerned look back at me. One girl yesterday asked if I was OK after I just stopped talking in the middle of a sentence...... Oh, Christmas break please come quickly!

All of this working out has motivated me to eat more healthy. I didn't really eat unhealthy before, but I'm not always the best at eating all 3 meals a day. It's just so much work, and eating cereal for breakfast and dinner is so much easier than buying all that stuff to make a big meal for just one person. Cooking for one sucks! Anyone? Can anyone relate?

I know that I need to be eating much more of this.......

But whenever I do cook, all I make is this.....

Just because I make these things doesn't mean I eat them; usually I only make what I need to fulfill the order. But, after making a bunch of sweets when I get home from work cooking something for myself is the last thing I want to do. SO.... I am asking you, lovely blogging friends, for help. What are some fast, easy, cheap, but HEALTHY meals that you make? Also, I'm looking for some sugar free dessert recipes, so if you have one filed away then please share!

3 comments:

Tami said...

I'm proud of your dedication! Keep up the good work!!! When you get those recipes, you are welcome to try them out on your crippled mother. Love you!

Anonymous said...

I thought I would finally declare myself. I read every post. I think your blog is adorable and so are you. Thanks for all your encouragement to pursue my own dreams and I'm so proud of you for pursuing yours. Keep blogging because I secretly love to read it! -Lacey

Haley said...

Thanks Lacey!! I'll be looking for your blog or etsy shop soon.... right??!! :)