Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Engagement: Kiss & Tell

If you are still reading this blog I thank you! How does that verse in Proverbs go? "A true friend sticks closer than a brother with your blog even when you fail to post."

Well, friends I have some news! This past Saturday the love of my life asked me to marry him, and I said YES! (Well, first I said no, but I'll get to that in a little bit) For all of you who have been asking and those of you who just love a good engagement story, here is our kiss and tell.

This past Saturday my parents hosted an Easter party for family and friends. A few weeks ago I suggested to Kyle that he invite his grandparents since they had been wanting to come down, and Easter weekend would be the perfect time for them to come. Little did I know that he had already invited them and had been scheming with them and my family (and quite a few other people) for over a month. I look back on all of the ridiculous comments that I have made lately and feel so silly now. Anyhow, the party was coming to an end and only a few friends and family were left hanging out and cleaning up. My mom sent me inside to change Luke's diaper (which of course wasn't even dirty) to get me away from where Kyle was setting up. My dad came in to get me a few minutes later telling me some ridiculous story about a note left on my tray of cookies and that I needed to see because it was so funny...blah, blah, blah. (I'm pretty gullible, so these crazy stories and instructions didn't phase me a bit....pathetic, I know.) I headed out to the barn where the food had been set up to find this mysterious note. I didn't find a note, but I what I did find was Kyle standing in the doorway to one of the side rooms of the barn that he had set up to look so beautiful and romantic and a special song playing in the background. As soon as I saw him my heart flew out of my chest and I immediately was teary-eyed.

Kyle led me into the room to sit on the couch, got down on his knee and began to say the most beautiful and sweet words to me. To be truthful, I can't remember what those beautiful and sweet words were, but I do know that they were special, ha! When he said the words, "Will you marry me?" I responded, "I love you so much, but no." Really, I can't explain to you why I said that. Maybe because I thought it would be funny to see that shocked look on his face, or maybe because I just have a really cruel and strange sense of humor. I'm not sure. I'm messed up people! I left a good pause in there for dramatic effect and then followed up with a good laugh and resounding YES!! We kissed and did mushy things that I'm sure you don't want to read about, and then came out to greet our family and friends. My hands were so shaky and my heart was beating so fast. The whole moment was surreal. All I know is that I was and still am overwhelmed with joy and happiness, and that I am so excited to marry my love and best friend!



This ring belonged to my grandmother. My grandfather bought it for her as a birthday present one year.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That was a sweet proposal & I'm sure you will be very happy together. The only thing better than young love is...old love. I have been married to the love of my life for over 45 years. May you be as blessed.
Nancy Farmer

Mom said...

Paige said to show you some love so you will keep posting....so here is the love!!!!
Love you...love Kyle...love wedding planning!!!