Monday, September 29, 2008

Well, today was the day! My first day of culinary school. I have to admit that my exhaustion from this weekend (ACL!! but that's another post all together) almost overrode my excitement for today, but not to worry, as soon as I downed my first cup of coffee I was wide awake and ready to embrace it all.

I actually don't have too terribly much to report from today. The first 2 weeks we are covering safety and sanitation... kinda boring. I know it has to be done and that it is very important; it's just not the most fun thing in the world. The good news is that I did receive my pastry kit and books!! It was all too heavy to carry upstairs, so it's still sitting in my car. Pictures of all my goods will come soon.

It felt a bit odd going to work today so late in the afternoon; it's like my day was starting all over again. I think it's going to take a while to get used to this new schedule. I'm not exactly clear when the bakery is opening still, but that will start soon as well. It all feels a bit overwhelming, but I actually don't mind it at all; I'm just excited to finally be doing it all. I feel like I've been talking about starting school for so long it seems a bit odd now that it has actually started. I'm just happy that I am finally on my way. I feel like I've taken the first step toward truly pursuing my goals, and I can't wait to experience all that is to come!

No comments: