Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Day one of the practical is complete and I'm still here....

Overall the day wasn't too bad. I definitely had my fill of screw ups, but I finished with plenty of time to spare, and prepped all of the ingredients for tomorrow. Today I mostly worked on my danish dough, and barely got all the folds in before time was up today. The culinary class was cleaning out the walk-in, so I had a hard time getting my dough to get cold enough.

The only thing I really wasn't happy with today was my chocolate filling. I used a recipe I have never worked with before (mistake #1) and did not like how it came out at all. The recipe calls for cake crumbs, so the texture is a bit rough; not the creamy filling I was looking for. I'm not sure if I can redo it tomorrow, but we'll see.

I feel like I've been pretty high strung all day, so I am really crashing right now. I am so tired, but tonight is our city group's Thanksgiving meal and I am so excited about it! I am bringing pumpkin bread pudding and broccoli cheese casserole. I'll post recipes on The Food Knows soon. Probably Wednesday night, but I'll be sure to let you all know when I do. Until then, happy baking!!

No comments: