Thursday, November 20, 2008

I have my first practical exam coming up this Tuesday and Wednesday. I must admit that I am a bit nervous. I don't doubt my ability to create a good product, I just tend to freak out under pressure. The items I have decided to make are not difficult, but they do take time... a lot of time. Our menu must consist of a yeast bread, a laminated dough, and a muffin (easy peasy). I have decided to make an herbed focaccia, caramel rolls and chocolate filled danishes, and almond poppy seed muffins. When I write it all out it seems so simple and nothing to worry about, but I can't help but feel anxious.

I know I haven't posted much about what we have been doing at school lately, and I plan on catching up, but until then here a just a few pics of what we have worked on.

The Culinary class made a really nice sushi spread



Puff Pastry (Cinnamon twists, cheese twists, cream horns)

Puff pastry pin wheels with vanilla cream filling

My first time to ever make a pie dough from scratch

Christmas cookies for the open house demo this past Friday

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I just want to say that I am absolutely loving your blog. Keep us updated, this is really interesting.

Haley said...

Thanks! :)

rhid said...

That pie dough looks utterly stunning! Good luck on your exam!