Saturday, November 15, 2008

So I've finally managed to make some time to clean my apartment this weekend. Its pretty bad that I can't actually think of last time that I really cleaned it. I am usually pretty neat, so its not like its messy, its just filthy. Dust everywhere, dirt in the carpet, toothpaste on the mirror, and rabbit poop on the floor. Yup, that's right. Rabbit poop. I know it sounds disgusting, and it should because it is. Its not like its covering the floors, its more like they are nicely sprinkled around her cage, but its still none the less disgusting.



I hadn't cleaned Thumper Rabbit's cage in about a month so I figured it was about time. After I gave it a real good cleaning I decided that she hadn't had a bath since I'd moved so it was time for that as well. Giving her a bath is always a mess. She once tried to jump out of the sink and knocked the window plant into the water and covered herself in dirt. Nice. I've learned though. This time I cleared everything off of the counter, and laid out the towl and brush ready to dry her off as soon as she was out of the water. Overall it went pretty well. There was a lot of splashing and I was pretty wet after it was all over, but I thought it was successful. I had even cleared out the bathroom to let her hop around in there while she dried off since its gotten too cold outside.

Let's just say she was mad and got her revenge. I walked into the bathroom to check on her only to find a nice puddle of pee and poop everywhere. I'm not talking about the "no big deal" dry poop pebbles. It was like a baby had ripped off its diaper and flung it around in a circle. There was nasty wet rabbit poop all over the floors, door, drawers and walls. To top it all off as soon as I opened the door she darted out forcing me to spend the next 10 minutes chasing her around the apartment.

Never a dull moment...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your blog, but I have to tell you something rather important. Bathing rabbits is actually quite detrimental to their health because it messes with the oils in their skin, and also their fur can trap moisture and create real problems for them. It's recommended that you sort of sponge bathe them without soaking them. It's also very stressful for them to be put in the bath, so just be careful.

Haley said...

thanks for the advice. you would think the pet store guy who sold me the bunny soap would have said something like that... figures

Anonymous said...

I always told you she was a bad rabbit! Thank goodness she doesn't live in my house anymore...

-Paige

Haley said...

She is an angel!

Ken said...

I don't know anything about Rabbits, but I do know a little about the Wilton Method *wink*wink*. I recieved an invite to the open house tonight.. hope you are there.. ;) Glad to see that school is treating you well.. Loved the cake you did there! NICE WORK! (a few posts back)

Take Care There!
DrakGuy