Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I Want S'more, Please!

I just love tarts! Something about them makes me feel all fancy when I eat them. I guess a s'more tart is more red neck/country-camper fancy, but fancy none the less, eh? I made these tarts for my older sister, Tori's, birthday last weekend. She originally wanted some kind of s'more cake, but I wasn't up to making homemade marshmallows, so I made her these instead. After I tell you what is in these you are going to want one so bad, and I only have one left.... and I'm not sharing!

These tarts start out with a toasted hazelnut and graham cracker crust. The chocolate custard is hit with a few tablespoons of hazelnut syrup (or liqueur...whichever you prefer), and are finished off with a yummy and oh-so-sweet toasted marshmallow meringue! In the words of Rachael Zoe..."I die!" These were sooooooo good!! Betcha want one now, dontcha??

4 comments:

Mom said...

I had one and they are FABULOUS!!! I'm so lucky to be the Mom!!!

Sophie said...

Yes I do want one...or two :)! Looks perfect, Haley. Love the piping on the top.

Paige said...

Sure sucks to eat them when you don't like chocolate!!! At least they looked good...

Medlock Adventures! said...

I'm coming to see you for my birthday!