Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I Want S'more, Please!

I just love tarts! Something about them makes me feel all fancy when I eat them. I guess a s'more tart is more red neck/country-camper fancy, but fancy none the less, eh? I made these tarts for my older sister, Tori's, birthday last weekend. She originally wanted some kind of s'more cake, but I wasn't up to making homemade marshmallows, so I made her these instead. After I tell you what is in these you are going to want one so bad, and I only have one left.... and I'm not sharing!

These tarts start out with a toasted hazelnut and graham cracker crust. The chocolate custard is hit with a few tablespoons of hazelnut syrup (or liqueur...whichever you prefer), and are finished off with a yummy and oh-so-sweet toasted marshmallow meringue! In the words of Rachael Zoe..."I die!" These were sooooooo good!! Betcha want one now, dontcha??

6 comments:

Mom said...

I had one and they are FABULOUS!!! I'm so lucky to be the Mom!!!

Sophie said...

Yes I do want one...or two :)! Looks perfect, Haley. Love the piping on the top.

Tori said...

so... does this make me redneck then b/c we had it for my bday????

Paige said...

Sure sucks to eat them when you don't like chocolate!!! At least they looked good...

Haley said...

Tori: if you have all of your teeth, then you don't fall into the redneck category....yet. :)

Paige: something is wrong with you. what woman doesn't like chocolate?! crazy.

Medlock Adventures! said...

I'm coming to see you for my birthday!