Monday, April 19, 2010

Birthdays!

I have quite a few cakes that I need to share with you all, but I'll just post the 2 most recent birthdays that have come through The Muffin Top.



This cute little monkey cake was for my friend Tara's son, Brayden. It was his first birthday party, and I don't think I have ever seen a little boy more loved than Brayden. He didn't have just one birthday party..... he had two! For both parties we made "smash cakes" for the birthday boy to dig in to on his own. The first party served cupcakes with polka dots, and the second served this grand birthday cake. I loved the colors, and found this adorable cake topper on Etsy from an artist located in Austin..... just trying to keep things local (semi-local at least).



Now this next birthday cake was not a product of The Muffin Top, so I wont try to take any of the credit. Paige made this delicious strawberry cake for our grandmother's (Memie) 76th birthday. Paige did a fantastic job, and was so creative with the decorations! She found the topper and decorative candles at a local antique/gift shop here in Brenham.



Our Memie is one of the most spirited and hilarious women I know! I don't think there has ever been a time when I have been around her and haven't been laughing. Just this past Sunday in church she leaned over to me after we finished singing "How Great Thou Art" and said, "I want you to have them sing this one at my funeral, but no drums or anything....your dad will probably be too upset to play them anyway." Haha! I couldn't help but laugh! She is great!


No comments: